Monday, August 23, 2010

Overheard on the playground

Kasia: I'm flying around
Jeff: I'm flying too
Aron: I have a jet pack. Foosh!
K: I have a jet pack too and mine is cooler
A: Mine is filled with fire and explosions to space
K: [hangs off the bar at the top of the slide] My jeb pack...my jem pack
J: I'll get a magic wand
K: My jem pack is filled with candy
J: chocolate kisses
K: My gem pack is filled with chocolate kisses and, um,
A: Lets make a secret castle
K: A sand castle. Lets get some sand. No, wet sand.
...
K: Put it right here. No too close. [Takes some of Aron's wet sand and pats it onto her pile, then brushes away the rest.]
K: Now we need dry sand to put on top.
J: And magic wand to zap it.
K: [Sprinkles dry sand over the pile]
J: Is that fairy dust?
K: No it's just dry sand.
J: [runs around looking for a twig]
K: Now some fairy dust for the castle. [Sprinkles more dry sand on the pile]
J: And a magic wand. [Sticks twig into middle of pile]

Yesterday's run destination: Somewhere on Montana

Yesterday's menu:
breakfast: leftover donuts, not so good the second day
lunch: salmon and pesto
dinner: pesto carbonara
bonus: brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment