Monday, August 9, 2010

A few good foods

I'm not quite sure when I became a foodie but one of the main aspects of living in Santa Monica that I've pursued in this setting up period has been finding a set of restaurants, shops, and markets that I can really get behind. I'm looking for the best donut, and the cheapest place to buy organic produce and fun little specialty shops where I can pick up some kombu, prosciutto, Valhrona, or a dry aged ribeye.

So far, I like DK Donuts for a neighborhood donut shop, based on freshness, texture, and selection. I keep wanting the farmers markets to be as good as they are but cheaper, particularly in the middle of tomato season, and I want to meet an actual farmer, not just their market stand managers who live in LA. There were some great shops on Sawtelle Blvd. for japanese everything.

And if you find yourself on Venice Beach, try Zelda's Sandwich Shop's mini donuts, which are fried as you order them and are crispy and delicious.

Yesterday's Menu:
Breakfast: donuts
Lunch: bean salad and rice
Dinner: steak and potatoes

Yesterday's run destination: around the block

No comments:

Post a Comment