Monday, April 18, 2011

Unbranded or not, here we come

I want to live in an unbranded world. Nothing to sell and no one trying to sell it. Where my daughter can grow up and follow her interests and not be told she can only be a princess. I want to live in fellowship with others in a big city networked across cultures and dreams. There's something being sold to a toddler who can't know better, someone getting rich off child psychology. The supermarket is a gauntlet with dangers at eye level, not my eye level but hers and what an enormous amount of disrespect this business must have for me to arrange it like so. I can throw out the TV and unpackage our foods and plan days and years around crafts out of books from the '70s from the library and her friends and mine will still be branded and cultured and we want to keep up and we want to be cool and we'll follow the brands and the trends and the fads and we won't have to buy but we'll want to.

Yesterday's menu:
breakfast: cinnamon toast
lunch: cheesy potato
dinner: one pan baked ziti and brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment