Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Seasons are Hiding! A children's book

The Seasons are Hiding!

It's always sunny. It's always warm. Where is winter? Where is summer? The seasons are hiding!

Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring, are you here?

Here we are!

We four, we seasons, we are close friends and sometimes we look alike. We all have sunshine and we all have flowers. We share the sun and the moon. But if you follow your nose and soak in the sun and listen and watch carefully, you can tell us apart.

I am Summer. I am warm (but not too hot) and I am DRY. No rains fall on me. The leaves of the trees turn shiny and dusty. The grass on the hills turns to brown. The days are long and there is lots of time to play.

I am Fall. I can't decide what to be. At first I am dry and I can get HOT HOT HOT. The winds come from the west, then the east, then the west again. But then the rains come! Everything drinks in the water: the trees, the animals, the ground itself. The hills turn green.

I am Winter. I am warm and cool (but never cold, that would be rude). To me, rain is welcome, but sunshine too. The nights are long and some animals sleep through it all. There is snow on the top of the tall mountains.

I am Spring. I am warm and my air is clear. I love the flowers and the flowers love me. The distant snows melt and the rivers run strong and clean. New leaves and plants grow. There are lots of good things to eat.

We are the seasons. We may look like each other but we are different. All of us are special, each in our own way.

Yesterday's run destination: home from church via Douglas Park

Yesterday's menu:
breakfast: eggs and toast
lunch: leftover chicken and broccoli stir fry
dinner: pasta and bolognese
bonus: blondies

1 comment:

  1. Did you decide to write your own SoCal children's story about the seasons?

    ReplyDelete