Friday, February 18, 2011

Clean up time is fun time

Clean up, clean up
Everybody clean up
Clean up, clean up
Clean up now

More mornings than not Becca has left for work before I have showered, which when it first happened was a cause of great alarm. What will I do with the highly mobile and curious baby while trapped by soap and water? Can she safely be entertained in the bathroom? Or maybe she's still asleep and I'll leave the door open to listen for her waking up and just be quick about it.

Turned out to be a non-issue, as uberbaby ended up cheerfully playing with her bath toys on the bathroom floor and found it hilarious to flap the shower curtain back and forth. These days, it is just part of the morning pattern. She gets to bring in a toy or book, she points out where I should put my clothes and the spot on the counter for my glasses, we play peek-a-boo with the shower curtain, she lines up her bath toys on the edge of the tub, and it all works out.

Yesterday her toy was Travel Boggle, recently reassembled after a few dice wandered under living room furniture. She stacked the dice. Put them on the board, and took them out. Threw them. At least, so I presume from what I heard, I didn't look, I trust her to play peacefully and safely at this point. When I was almost done with my shower, I shouted out that it was time to clean up, and a minute later as I emerged 13 blocks were back in place and she was grabbing, with great hilarity and satisfaction, for the remaining three.

Yesterday's run destination: around the block

Yesterday's menu:
breakfast: french toast
lunch: pasta and chili
dinner: mapo tofu and snap peas

No comments:

Post a Comment