Thursday, July 1, 2010

Halfway through 2010

Yesterday I packed up my desk, hugged a few people, wiped the passwords off my computer, and left the MIT Museum after five years of work. It was an amicable end, long in coming and understood by all to be a positive step for me and perhaps a chance for them to take Public Programs in a new direction. I carefully attempted to finish up all the documentation and hand-offs and cleaning up and final goodbye lunches by Tuesday so I could take care of any forgotten things on my last day and maybe just sit around and chat with people but instead had a hilariously busy day filled with an unexpectedly complicated event of VIPs, press, talks, tours, food, AV mishaps, last minute changes that took over the entire museum, the entire building, and most of the museum’s staff for the day. Which really is better than a quiet twiddling of thumbs for the last few hours of employment, anyway.

Today I took my daughter to the sing along. Fed her some Cheerios. We played with the cat for a bit. I looked at some real estate listings. I meant to take a nap, but didn’t quite get to it.

Tomorrow, more of the same. And the next day.

Intellectually I know this gigantic shift in my life has just occurred, but for now it just feels like a long weekend.

I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment